The third annual HPA Gaucho International Polo Tournament went ahead at the O2 arena in London the 21st of May.
Three matches took place throughout the evening, beginning with the grand opening game between teams Merchant Hub and Hedonism Wines, followed by Maserati Mexico v Royal Salute Scotland and IG Index England v Cheval des Andes Argentina.
The night began with complimentary wine tasting at the Wine Tasting Village, before the matches, and was accompanied by the Argentine band Tanghetto Electro Tango, a mix of classical tango music and electronic beats, who entertained the crowd during the intervals.
All three matches were tense and closely-fought. Team Hedonism Wines took first victory against Merchant Hub with a final score of 10-9. Maserati Mexico, captained by living legend Carlos Gracida, then claimed a well-deserved victory winning 11-10 against Royal Salute Scotland. And finally, Argentina clinched the win from England with a last second penalty scored by Andrea Vianini, leaving the final score at 11-10. A nail-biting finish to an extraordinary match!
The celebration continued at the indigO2, the O2’s smaller entertainment venue, for the Official Gaucho International Polo Tournament 2013 Players After-Party.
- Warming up for the match with a few delicious Argentinian wines at the Argetinian Tasting Village
- Getting ready for Royal Salute SCOTLAND v Maserati MEXICO.
- All the way from Buenos Aires, Tanghetto, entertained the crowd with Electrotango between in the breaks between the matches.
- The Maserati Parade
- Not the worst entrance in the world! Even for a polo player.
- And the game between IG ENGLAND v Cheval des Andes ARGENTINA is on the way!
- Andrea Vianini clearly unhappy with the Umpire's decision!